Fasting. (Day 5)

First Time Fast
"Delirious Day 5", ha

This journey so far has brought me closer to being in tune with so much. I have gained insight around surpassing your sacrifices, and that is through your spirit. Every time I feel physical hunger pangs, I go to my mind, and connect spiritually through prayer. Amazingly, the physical distractions go away.

I have prayed all day, in my mind, for so much. See my "past list" if you seek details. 

I started this journey weighing 278. I progressed to 269, 266, 264, then 261. It’s not about losing weight, as much as the metaphoric burdens that have unknowingly plagued my daily routines that I was unaware of. This process has connected me to the things in my life that I need to strip away and unload from my life.

The consumption log I have had is as follows
  • Daily average of 7-10, 12oz glasses of water
  • 2, 12oz glasses of milk
  • Chew gum a lot
  • *also "consumed" my surroundings a lot more, my thoughts, and prayer" 

I am hoping that anyone who sees this small example of sacrifice is inspired to “give up to gain” in some way. Whether it is computer time, soda/pop, pizza, meat, chocolate, complaining, television, fast food, or anything else, I encourage you to assess your daily patterns and discover what you may intentionally eliminate the desire via a promise, and document the changes in your life.


Day 1: 278 to 275
Day 2: 275 to 269
Day 3: 269 to 266 
Day 4: 266 to 263 
Day 5: 264 to 261

Comments

Popular Posts