Fasting (Day 2)

Fast on Fasting: "Simple 7 Day Fasting"  (Day 2)

So far, I have encountered some interesting challenges. I faced my nemesis, and also mortal friend, the infamous "Pizza". I knew I would be tempted by it's allure, sensuous aroma, melted cheese, and elegant sauce all on delectable dough...

As it attempted to consume me and ruin my 7 Day promise, dare I say, I paced around in contemplation of giving into my instinctual desires. I even attempted to lick the cheese, and threw my distraction back on the pan. Test passed. 


I have been drinking water, milk, coffee (which may be a bad idea), and chewing gum to curb my appetite. Hunger groans, sounds, and pains are starting to ensue. 


I am reminded of the purpose of this, what I am giving up to gain, and how important this is to me and what it really means. It is amazing the salivation my mind causes even smelling the aroma of food, passing Servatti's Bakery, seeing Applebee's while driving and recalling their amazing Happy Hour, and am gaining insight to how this brings awareness and tone to my mission. It is more than starving myself, and denying me of food, it is to enlighten.




Day 1: 278 to 275
Day 2: 275 to 269

Comments

Popular Posts