Happy Veterans Day 11/11/09






Thank you to those currently serving in our military, and who are Veterans. My sincerest gratitude extends to you for defending liberty and freedom that we are blessed with. My heart also extends to the families and friends of those who serve.

Here is a link for a profile on my Grandfather who served during WWII
http://www.local12.com/ugc/cat/news_tips_photos/hs6CjTu4P0WbQ4SM_xJLfQ.aspx



This is a photo of Cincinnati Vet and our father/grandfather, Sgt. First Class Anthony "Bud" Raabe, who was a Cartographer in the U.S. Army during WWII. He was stationed in the Pacific Theater, landing in Japan just five days after the second atomic bomb. His war service lasted four years, and he departed from and returned to Cincinnati via Union Terminal. His name is inscribed in Delhi Township's Veterans Wall of Honor. He passed away in 1988. His five children and their families reside in and around Cincinnati, one of them my mother (Happy Birthday to you and Sis as well!!!)


I wish I could have gotten to know him better, and my thank you extends to my father who served in the Army during Vietnam, as well as the others who have stand for our American values.

God Bless You All!

Comments

Popular Posts