Yoga + Pilates = Awesome!

Start Your Day A Different Way
peace, harmony, balance





Whenever I hear "Yoga" I always hear that song line in my head, "I'm not into yoga, ... pina colodas...", ha. Usually sticking to a 'gridiron guy' type work out, I focus on weights & sports like basketball/football. Over the years I learned to keep your body, mind & spirit healthy, you must change it up. I discovered Yoga & Pilates, and yes, it helps provide a tremendous dynamic to your stale workouts.

It's great to 'start your day a different way' with the stretching & breathing of Yoga and or Pilates. It oxygenates your system, awakens your muscle groups, and really sets the tone for your day. You don't have to be an early riser and can do these activities any time of the day, but I highly suggest performing this in the morning. Change those patterns, behaviors & inspire more peaceful harmony via stretching, breathing, control & trying something new to revitalize your schedule & health.

I learned more about patience & focus vs. working out while doing these fitness routines. I energized, aligned, and balanced my mind while disciplining my body to go through the motions. It was more graceful vs. gridiron, so most males are timid to do a more 'feminine' workout, but get over it buds, ha! I slipped my disc between my 4th and 5th lumbar in high school after rigorous basketball practice, then moved pool tables at night for a job (as well as being a dishwasher, not that you care, just sharing, ha), and over the years while playing sports I was always searching for ways to improve my back strength, muscles, and eliminate pain through stretching/working out. I must admit, doing yoga & pilates really adds value & improves the capacity to strength + eliviate pain. Playing sports also provided wonderful pain to my knees, and doing yoga/pilates also have attributes that improve the performance/functionality of your knee/back situations, providing simple solutions through their movements conducive to daily motions. These workouts also improve the strength of your core (abs) which are utilized in just about every movement you make.

So, re energize those workouts, try something new, and try it out! Change your patterns & behavior, take steps to collaborating mind/body for peace, harmony & health. Integrate some new movements & exercises into your workout utilizing yoga, pilates, and tai chi. If you are interested in learning more about yoga, tai chi, or pilates, there are tons of sites on the web, and you can find classes just about anywhere, some even for free! Check out Revolution Fitness, Crossroads, XU and other places/gyms.

Comments

Popular Posts