Cyclops Commercial



Cyclops Commercial

I don't get it, should I laugh, feel as if you're saying something wrong about someone with one eye or a una-brow, inspired by the ‘all seeing eye’ like on the dollar bill, or weirded out with your talented technology yet strange cyclops people?! I have seen this commercial a few times now, it has a funny one liner ("I can't believe my eye") but I intentionally change the channel each time it comes on now.

I understand they're trying to show 'focus', 'humor', 'second look', and gain your attention creatively, but all they accomplished with this consumer is viewing their message as a weird humored and strangely distracting moment that disconnects their message from their product by having such an odd display of 'cyclops' persons. Better luck next time, as your product & message were left wanting. All I remembered was the 'eye', not H&R, close the gap buds and budettes! When spending all that money on commercials, vendors, design, and PR perhaps you should do more investigating, focus groups, surveys, or get some feedback before launching your 'one eye' campaign, call me, I'll help you via Siegel Innovations!

*note: I am a strong supporter & advocate for diversity, and in no way have anything against nor want to oppress 'Cyclops' people, but would like to rally against una-brows

Comments

Popular Posts