Reorganization, Transition, Pouring Rain

We've all heard it, "When it rains it pours", and "Things happen for a reason"! Don't you just love hearing these phrases while you're immersed in challenges?! If you've been part of the wonderful economic situations causing lay offs lately, you are not alone. So you're feeling like it's your fault, alone, expendable, empty, confused, and you have no control. Well, it's NOT your fault, you're part of a club (not by choice as that's why it feels so, well, unique) shared with the masses, you are NOT expendable to where you need to fit and be of value, revitalize , focus, build a vision, and utilize this as an opportunity to challenge yourself and truly change your life.

Things become more 'essentially relevant' when faced with adversity. Now you're starting at it every moment you wake up, take a step, and feel guilty if you're not taking action everywhere you turn to improve your situation(s). Time to form a strategy! Connect, learn, be open to trying out new approaches... Find the best ways to market yourself, amp up your efforts, discover more of what you're made of!

School can teach you many things, but does not overtly educate you on leadership, transition, adapting to change, managing stress, achieving dreams, changing dreams, and the many other pitfalls of real life. You learn the most when going through challenges, sacrifice for others, and compromise for someone else. You also learn if you have the courage to get back up after being knocked down! If you can't do it alone, surround yourself with folks who are willing to pour into you, love on you, and support you on your journey. No book can do that for you, it can talk about it, discuss leadership, but you must practice it in real life action for results to appear!

When you think you've had it bad, just remember, I got laid off from a company that said I would not be (and I was having to lay other people off, great times), my car broke down (decided it didn't like to hold coolant anymore), both my washer and dryer went out, a wind storm (thanks Hurricaine Ike) split the 8' by 90' tree in my front yard, I had a 1K credit card fraud case thanks to Costa Rican car rental business "Economy Rent A Car", my 401K suffered due to GE misrepresenting their financials, and I found out that my student loans were a lot more than I knew about due to servicers moving my funds without my knowledge. On top of that, the normal challenges of life are occurring, so not to bring up 'woe is me', but remember, someone else is rowing in the same boat (not sure if this is supposed to make you feel better, but it helped me to share, ha).

Now, it can't be all negative, so lets focus on the positive. I learned a lot from corporate America, earned my MBA, co-authored a leadership book, six sigma green belt certified, founded and am Executive Director of a non-profit, and many other things that have proven my leadership. "How you react to obstacles defines your identity", so react with honor, action, strength, and integrity! I continue to make things happen for a new opportunity, and keep moving forward with a positive spirit! Keep me in your prayers, if you don't pray, keep me in your thoughts, if you don't think, we have bigger problems than you realized!

It truly is what you learn, how you manage it, and the passionate persistence you implement when handling adversity. So, follow the wonderful Proverb my sister shared with me, "The best way to live your life is to follow the advice you give to others"!

What have been some of your challenging moments, and how did you react/manage them? Ever been laid off from work or part of a reorganization? Look forward to your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts